Aloe Vera Supplement Barred from Making False Health Claims

NatureCity, LLC and its officers that market and sell two Aloe vera-based supplements, have agreed to pay $537,500 to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they deceived consumers with false and unsupported claims that two products, TrueAloe and AloeCran, were effective treatments for a range of conditions affecting seniors, including chronic pain, ulcerative colitis, diabetes, and acid reflux. The FTC order also requires the defendants to disclose any material connection they have with compensated reviewers. Andersen Sleater Sianni attorneys represent consumers who have victims of false advertising. Click here to read more about the FTC's Aloe Vera case.

Most Applicants for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program Are Facing Rejection

Many individuals relied on the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program in order to pursue qualifying jobs in public section including firefighters, military service members, nonprofit workers and others. However, according to the Department of Education only 1% of those applying for forgiveness of their student loans have been approved, leaving 99% without resolution and rejection. Much like the loan modifications for mortgages after the mortgage crisis, many individuals were told that if they make qualifying student loan payments for 10 years, their remaining student loan debt will be forgiven, but only after doing so are told that they are in the wrong repayment plan to qualify for the Pub

California Sues MyPillow Again

For the second time in three years, district attorneys in California have sued MyPillow for making false and misleading health claims about its pillows including a sleep study to be published in a medical journal that was stated to be double-blind, placebo-controlled, peer-reviewed and reducing symptoms of sleep apnea. The lawsuit alleges that “the Sleep Study was neither a competent nor reliable basis for any of the advertising claims made about it, rendering all such advertisements false and misleading.” MyPillow's conduct also violates a stipulated judgment that the company entered into with the California district attorneys office three years ago where it paid $1 million to settle simil

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square

THIS WEBSITE CONTAINS ATTORNEY ADVERTISING.  PRIOR RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE A SIMILAR OUTCOME. 

 

Andersen Sleater Sianni LLC © 2018 |  LEGAL NOTICE AND PRIVACY POLICY                   Created by NYCWebsitesDesign.com

FOLLOW US:

  • w-facebook